Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I didn't post my Thankful Thursday musings last week because I was on a plane.....

All by myself....

TO HAWAII!!!

And did I mention? I was ALL. BY. MYSELF.

My bag wasn't loaded down with Matchbox cars, fruit snacks, Dr. Seuss books, crayons, ratty stuffed dogs, front pack, diapers, wipes, stroller, coloring books or goldfish crackers.

Nope.

Just me, a few magazines, a good book, my Mac and a whole box of Hot Tamales. For me. NOT to share....with anyone.

So that is my first thankful thing. I got to be just me. A grown up woman, traipsing around the airport without a bladder that is full to bursting because I can't cram three grumpy boys and all our carry on luggage in the tiny bathroom stall; therefore, emptying my bladder must wait unless I want to risk misplacing a boy or two while I scream at the one child that actually fit in the stall to "STOP LOOKING UNDERNEATH THE STALL! GIVE THAT POOR LADY HER PRIVACY!"

I had a blissfully empty bladder and a leisurely stroll through the terminal, finished my book and browsed around the overpriced gift shops. Priceless.

Secondly, I'm thankful for a mother who gladly steps up and takes care of my boys while I am gone and Jay is working. I never worried about them. I only worried about her!

Thirdly, I'm thankful for sisters-in-law who swoop in to save the day when Jay's work decides to do another bad magic trick and make his vacation days disappear at the very last minute. AGAIN.

Fourthly (is there really a "fourthly"?), I'm thankful for this beautiful family.


It is one thing to know that your little brother is a great husband, Marine, war veteran, helicopter pilot and all around good guy. It is another thing to see him be a Daddy to two of the cutest twins in the world. I would move heaven and earth to visit them....even if they didn't live just a 5 minute walk from this beach.......


Or a 10 minute walk from this one....



Finally, I'm thankful to be back with my four boys. I missed them terribly.

4 comments:

The Browers said...

how beautiful. and what a great trip - sounds breathtaking!

Gina said...

Lucky to have family somewhere so beautiful! I'm sure you came back totally refreshed. :)

William said...

That picture of them walking on the beach is AMAZING!!! We love it! How many megapixels is it? That should definitely be framed!

Monica said...

Where in Hawaii? I used to live there in Laie? Love it love love it!