Friday, October 23, 2009

Thankful "Thursday"

I had to forgo my Thankful Thursday post because I was busy cuddling on the couch with Jay, boxes of Hot Tamales, NERDS, Reese's Pieces and Milk Duds. We watched "Transformers" completely uninterrupted without having to ration out the sweets to children that act like they haven't seen a granule of sugar in 10 years. As if! It was much nicer to cozy up to my husband than to my computer so I have no regrets about abandoning my blog!

So, I'm thankful that I made the choice to spend time with the most important person in my life rather than the most important electronic in my life.

I'm thankful for my sister. She's the best Auntie my 3 hooligans could ever ask for.




But let me just take a break from all this thankful stuff and say that I H-A-T-E making yeast rolls. I've tried crescent rolls, sweet rolls, pizza rolls and dinner rolls in one week. I've wasted no less than 20 cups of flour, several packets of yeast, and half a dozen eggs. I loathe the stickiness and the fact that the recipe says "add 4-5 extra cups of flour until the dough is no longer sticky." I add 4-5 and then another 6-7 more cups! And it is still sticky! Almost every surface in my kitchen and my can of Pam is crusted in dried up dough.

I need an intervention! I just can't stop making yeast rolls until I get it right! But I'm driving myself mad. HELP..............

So that brings me to my last thankful thought. I'm really thankful for frozen dinner rolls.

3 comments:

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

Just keep trying. I am sorry the recipe I gave you didn't work out for you. I never used to be able to make rolls either and finally just barely I am starting to get it. That recipe was the easiest one for me since it can still be sticky when you put it in the fridge and the next day it is totally malleable like play dough. Don't give up!

Kathy said...

I can help you with the pizza rolls. I'm an EXPERT! I have a wonderful and easy recipe. Come on over and I'll teach you!

Robyn said...

Erika put me onto this wonderful food blog and I just tried their roll this weekend (Peter didn't want me to try a new recipe because he liked my old recipe, but he was glad I did), and they were so yummy! They always have great directions and beautiful pictures!
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/03/rolls-and-orange-rolls.html
Good Luck! There's nothing better than a warm homemade roll!