Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I. Jay and his parents. 35 years ago today, my mother-in-law gave birth to her first child and I'm the benefactor of her, and my father-in-law's, exceptional parenting skills. I lucked out. I'm so thankful to have spent the last 10 years with Jay and look forward to decades more.

II. A husband who gets a birthday present that is just as much to please his pulled-pork lovin' Southern Belle as it is for him. We're........ I meant Jay, is getting a smoker tomorrow! At last, I can have a decent pulled pork sandwich anytime I want without having to travel home to Alabama. Bring on the pig!!!

III. A round-bottomed baby who is in the 96th percentile for height and 70th for weight....probably because he tosses a cookie off his plate in favor of a crisp apple. And it could be his insatiable desire for Carnation's Breakfast Drink Mix. Apparently, it is the drink of champions.



2 comments:

Alison said...

Happy birthday, Jay. Oh, and I'm glad that baby can still eat apples without a tooth.

Brooke said...

So when are you having us over so we can try out that smoker? Love all your posts and pictures.