Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for uninterrupted shopping time at the shoe store and in the breakable section at HomeGoods. I never venture into the fragile area when I have the boys with me. Six curious and clumsy arms are too difficult to keep away from the shiny, smashable objects.

I'm thankful that my brother is on his way home from Iraq 2 days earlier than expected. I'm thankful for his patient wife, Annalise. After he arrives it is time for a NIECE in the Lewis family...the baby countdown is on!!!

I'm thankful that Drew is still young enough to have simple (but wrong) logic like this....when we tried on his new shoes he stated that he thinks Grandpa and Grandma must have the biggest feet in the family because they have the oldest feet. I'm thankful for this but my Mom probably isn't.

And I'm thankful for this...Owen says,

"My root beer float floated

UP and

UP and

UP

to my brain
and made me
Smarter and
HAPPIER!!!!

A good root beer float does that to me, too.

No comments: