Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day Late, Dollar Short on Thanks

I was thankful for things this week. I really was. By being a bit tardy with my thankful decrees doesn't lessen my gratitude....it just makes me a procrastinator, something I'm not unfamiliar with!

I'm grateful that I have parents that can fly from Alabama to Hawaii to Utah to Virginia in one week just to spend time with 3 of their 5 kids and 5 grandsons. They would've gone 5 for 5 if one of their kids wasn't gallivanting around Alaska and the other one didn't have the audacity to be in Iraq!

When they were here I got to take a morning shower in peace, go for a mid-morning run and go on a date with Jay without even thinking of the boys once!!! It gave my brain a chance to re-boot.

Since Drew was born, my Dad has never missed our birthdays. I thought he was crazy when, six years ago, he suggested that Drew should be born on his birthday (and a day after mine). That would mean my baby would come 3 weeks early! I never gave Dad's request a second thought. But, lo and behold, he had his first grandchild on his birthday and my 28th birthday was spent in horrific induced labor! I've never given Dad a present after that. I figure Drew is the gift that keeps on giving!!!

3 comments:

Lindz said...

is that a cake?

or a root beer float?

whatever it is, i want some!

Lindz said...

sorry! that is my sister...this is really jen espanet!

The Browers said...

happy birthday to all three of you!