Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Thanksgiving Thursday

This one is a no-brainer!

I am thankful for (in order of appearance):
  • homemade rolls (NOT made by me)
  • gravy
  • smoked turkey
  • heavenly hash
  • regular and sweet potatoes
  • homemade cranberry sauce (which is only enjoyed by me and Drew)
  • stuffing
  • corn, carrots and asparagus (which I forgot and then was too tired to make last minute)
  • pies (fresh pumpkin, coconut, lemon)
Apparently Owen is NOT thankful for the aforementioned goodies. He ate NOT ONE BITE of the morsels we placed before him. He asked, instead, for a meal that was "not Thanksgiving" i.e. macaroni and cheese.

I am thankful for elastic waist pants.

I am thankful to have a new niece. It makes me so happy to hear the joy, pride and excitement in my brother's voice when he talks about his little Elsa Jane.

And it goes without saying...I'm thankful for my own little hooligans and their Dad.

This is Jay's favorite picture of Kai. He's just taking a leisurely stroll in Gettysburg with his hand in his pocket, looking like an English gent.


1 comment:

Alison said...

Ooh, coconut pie! I knew I was at the wrong house yesterday.