Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mama-razzi



     
     Okay.  It is starting to happen.  I'm becoming one of those parents who follow their kids around and snap pictures at the most minuscule event. What has become of me?  I've fully entered the realm of a parent paparazzi!  Poor Owen and Drew.  I follow them around and point the camera in their faces and they know better than to resist.  You would think we've got Brangelina living at my house.
     Have I lost objectivity?  Are my kids really not as cute and photograph-able as I like to think? I'll never know because no one will have the heart to tell me!  (And I thank you all for that.) 
     All kidding aside, I've found a new love for photography.  Not only do I get to chronicle my children's lives but I feel creative in the process.  I'm still a novice.  I barely venture off the fully automatic mode on my camera. But I'll keep getting more adventurous and artistic and then my kids will really be sorry!
     Probably the most important lesson I've learned since I started looking through the lens is to appreciate the small and seemingly mundane things in life.  It is easy to get caught up in the drudgery of staying at home with three little boys. I am too quick to see the Popsicle stain on their shirt instead of their vibrantly colored tongue.  Taking pictures is helping me take life less seriously.  It is helping me enjoy the small things that happen in the lives of three small boys.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I was going through your blog I was just thinking, wow! She's good with the camera! You really are great!