Friday, December 12, 2008

9 months old









Wonder of wonders!!!!

Miracle of miracles!!!

Kai slept until 7:30 this morning!  

A whole 12 hours.....straight!

Maybe it has something to do with being 9 months old today.  Maybe it has to do with the fact that he got tired of looking at his Mama with gigantic bags and unsightly circles under her eyes. Maybe it was an early Christmas present for his zombie Mama.

Whatever the reason, I'LL TAKE IT!!!  

The sky looks bluer, the grass, well......browner (a casualty of the season).  Food tastes more scrumptious.  Little boys look a whole lot cuter.  And a spilled bowl of Cheerios and milk all over the table and floor is a lot easier to clean up on a full night's sleep!  

When you get only little bits of sleep for months on end, words do not come easily until about noon.  You lose your grip on the English language and start making up your own!  Perhaps I can now retire the growl and grumble that I so masterfully perfected as my morning time reply.

"Mama, can I have eggs on toast?"  Ugghhh.....I reply.

"Mama, I smell toast!"  Aargghh....I retort.

"Mama, I want oatmeal instead!"  (after the eggs were already made)   

AAAHHHHRRR-UGGG-UHHH...I reply.

Those inaudible moanings are a thing of the past if only my beautiful and magnificent, newly nine month old will give me more 12 hour nights.  

If Kai can crawl (since 5 months old, thank you very much!) and he can pull up, and cruise along furniture, and even stand on his own......SURELY, he can give me more nights of precious sleep!

This is my grown-up Christmas wish!  

No comments: