Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Unsavory Sayings

 Florida 2010

Drew is a literal sort of fellow.  He likes rules and schedules and routine and thinking (and over-thinking) before he provides an answer. i.e. "Drew, would you like a peanut butter and jam sandwich?"  "Well, let me think, hmmm.....um.....ahhh.....Yes! That would taste nice."  
(Keep in mind that Drew has a PB&J every single day for lunch.  Yet I continue to ask him in hopes that he might like to deviate from his routine.  And he never does.  But I routinely ask anyway.  Life is exciting around these parts.)

So when Drew blurted out this uncharacteristically speak-before-you-think statement I had to record it.  He said, with surprise and disgust in his voice,
"My bottom sucked up my pants!"

Being terribly frightened as to what this event might look like but also needing to satisfy my curiosity like a rubber-necker on the highway, I turned around to see what in the world he could be talking about.  What did I see?  

I saw Drew picking a wedgie.  A simple wedgie.  That was it. 

A common occurrence for an uncommon boy...

Uncommon and routinely wonderful.  That's my Drew.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I hate when that happens...