Monday, June 6, 2011

All Boys

*I wrote this back in July 2010...pre-Cora.  It still holds true.  But I'll be adding another list in the coming years:  "You Know You Live With a Drama Queen When..."

Ah....the testosterone that hangs in and around my house like the humidity of a hot July day in Alabama:  There is always a faint yet distinct aroma and the energy is intense.  It is inescapable.  So to honor the time when I have a homogeneous set of children, I wanted to write down a few thoughts.


You Know You Live With All Boys When.....

1.  You think about designing your dream house, the first thing that comes to mind is installing a urinal.

2.  You keep super glue in your purse just in case they split open their foreheads.... again.

3.  Anything is turned into a sword and everything is capable of making a gun noise.  Little boys point their fingers at strangers in a gun-like charade.  Very nice.  I promise I'm teaching gun safety...."Put that pea-shooter down!"  (100 points if you can name that movie.)

4.  Gravel and dirty rocks are presented to you as being "pretty" and must always be lovingly displayed.
   
5.  When asked "will you play with me," be ready to be on the losing end of a smackdown...WWF style.

6.  The toy bins are labeled "Vehicles", "Legos", "Bad Guys" and "Weapons" (to take care of the "Bad Guys" in the neighboring bin).

7.  Cargos, jeans, t-shirt:  Wash, rinse, repeat.

8.  After a blessing on the food, you find yourself saying, "Please!  Put away the sword and eat your peas.  You know there aren't supposed to be any weapons at the table."

9.  They shout, "Let's go to the playroom and play Zookeeper Who Gets Eaten By a Lion!"


Here are my boys doing a few boys things (which don't involve being eaten by a wild animal):


3 comments:

Angie said...

Love this post Marilee!

Angie said...

I love this post Marilee!

danerlew said...

robin hood