Tuesday, January 19, 2010

All Work and All Play

 I am a generous and giving little boy.  I don't ever want to keep all the fun to myself.


So, I've discovered a wonderful creative outlet that really gets Mama involved. It is called "The Magical Marks Game."

It goes like this.....


I take a metal aircraft of my choice (I prefer the F-4U Corsair. It is made of good sturdy metal). The next step is to vigorously and rapidly rub the plane on the walls that are painted flat white....and...Ta-Da!!!
 
Black marks magically appear all over the wall that is my canvas. My inner painter is released!  I think Mama is really proud because she makes me stand here and take what she calls a "mugshot" at the "scene of the crime."  She also says that she can't wait to pull this picture out and show me one day when I dare to complain that I have too many chores.  What a thoughtful Mama!






And the fun doesn't stop there. Pretty soon after I've made my masterpiece, Mama magically appears with a sponge that she calls her "Magic Eraser." And it must really be magic because it is the only thing that erases my marks. I can tell she really likes this game because Mama always comes back with her Magic Eraser....so I keep flying my plane on the walls. And pretty black marks keep reappearing. Good times!


But my life isn't all fun and games. I work, too. When I really need to buckle down and get something done at the office I shout, "Bye!" and Mama replies, "Have a good day at work!" I give her a little wave and then off I go to the office. 


I just close my door for a little privacy. 



The dress code is quite relaxed. They even let me bring my own toys.


My commute is really easy, too. When I'm done with work (which consists of examining the effects of a cheese grater on the inside of a cabinet door) I just pop out of my office and head off to find something to destroy. 




My life is really quite simple. I have no complaints. However, the one indignity I must endure is getting my diaper changed and clothes put on. Mama tortures me with these tasks EVERY day! It just isn't my style to hold still while someone wipes at my nether regions with a cold cloth. Or when I have to poke my gigantic noggin through a tiny hole in my shirt....I just can't take it!!

So my solution is easy. Whenever I hear Mama say, "Kai!  It's time to change your diaper!"   I take off as fast as my chubby legs can carry me and dive into the shirts hanging in Daddy's closet.  I wait under the clothes until she inevitably discovers me and hauls me out by my ankles. 


I'm really striving to live an exciting and meaningful life.  I believe that all the energy that I have been blessed with should be put to good use.  And I strive to do that each and every day.  I think it keeps my Mama young.  

She disagrees.

She points to the sides of her eyes and says, "See this?  This wrinkle and this new one and these dark circles are from YOU!"

I told you I was generous and giving!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, we have a similar dress code here. I only wish my thighs were as cute as your little guy's.

The Browers said...

reading these keeps me laughing. not at you... with you, in a slightly insane manner.